WoW e.V. is a human rights non-profit, non-governmental organization that seeks to enhance the access and success of women with Muslim migration background in the German employment sector. The organization’s objective is to foster equality in the workplace. WoW e.V. operates in three thematic areas that correspond to key players in the advancement of women with Muslim migration background in the employment sector:
1) Job Ready Program – employees: The Job Ready Program aims to prepare women with Muslim migration background for the German employment sector. WoW e.V. offers free seminars and workshops in this context.
2) I Pledge Campaign – employers: The I Pledge Campaign is an outreach program to employers to formulate and implement approaches for the advancement of women with Muslim migration background in the German employment sector. WoW e.V. offers free seminars, workshops, and working groups in this context.
3) WithorWithout Campaign– society: The WithorWithout Campaign has the objective to raise awareness about the situation of women with Muslim migration background in the German employment sector. WoW e.V. offers online and offline social engagement actions in this context.
WoW e.V. is based in Stuttgart (headquarter), but has representatives across Germany. The organization consists of volunteers and interns.
In 2016, WoW e.V. implemented the WoW Project. The project was financially supported by the UNHATE Foundation and was selected as one of the ten winners of the 2015 Global Diversity Contest by the United Nations Academic Impact. In addition, the WoW Project placed third in an international competition for start-ups of young Muslims (Zahnräder Netzwerk).
In 2016/2017, WoW e.V. developed two ongoing campaigns in cooperation with the Forum der Kulturen Stuttgart e.V. These campaigns were funded by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry for Social Affairs and Integration (amongst others) as part of the federal program “Living Democracy!”:
· Bags with statement and illustrations “What matters in the job market is what’s in the head, not on it”
· Game with knowledge and action cards on the topic “Muslims and Islam in Germany”
In connection with the game, WoW e.V. received funding by the House of Resources Forum der Kulturen Stuttgart e.V. and the Federal Ministry of the Interior to implement “game meetings” for key multipliers in 2017/2018.